For Millennials and Generation Z, the internet has become an everyday part. No wonder most of us are internet service users using WiFi.
Once the WiFi error, wow, a lot of activities and even pending work. So the solution option, how to restart WiFi you can easily do to solve network problems.
For the record, you can try the following steps if the internet interference comes from the router, yes. Like the absence of internet access even though the device is connected. If you have this, then there are 3 different restart ways that are worth a try.
1. How to restart WiFi with the power button
Easy steps to restart WiFi, of course, by turning on and off the router via the power button. Usually, there is only one button on the physical router. So if you find the button on the back of the router and it’s lined with cables, you can be sure that’s the power button you’re looking for.
Just press the power button once to turn off the router. Wait for 30 seconds to make sure the router is off. Press the power button again to turn on the router again. The indicator light with the description ‘Power’ will light up as a sign that the device is properly activated.
After turning it on, you need to wait a while until the router is ready to use. It is indicated by several indicator lights on simultaneously and is green.
Retry the internet connection via another phone or device. If it is connected, then the error problem has been resolved.
However, if the red indicator light is on, it means that internet interference comes from the network or router failure. If this happens, then the only way to restore the network is by contacting your internet service provider
2. How to restart WiFi via IP address
You can also reload WiFi through the settings on the IP address. How to restart WiFi with this step does not need physical access to the router, just use a device that is connected to the internet network.
Make sure the gadget you are using is connected to the internet from the router that is experiencing interference. If so, follow these steps:
- Open the IP address through a browser on your phone or laptop. IP addresses commonly used in Indonesia are 126.96.36.199 or 192.168.1.1 according to the router brand.
- Enter username and password to login dashboard settings. The manual username and password for some routers is ‘admin’. You can also find the username and password on the back of the router.
- Go to ‘System Tools’ settings. The header of this setting may be different for each IP address. This section contains system settings that provide WiFi restart access.
- Select the ‘Reboot’ option. Once clicked, WiFi will automatically reload.
Unlike the first restart option, how to restart the router via HP via an IP address means returning the network to factory settings. This means that you have to set the WiFi name and connection password again before using it again.
3. How to restart WiFi with the reset button
In addition to the power button, there is also a reset button on the router. However, you will not find it in the form of a raised circle like a power button. Reset access via this router is quite hidden. To access it, you need a needle or a sim card puller that is commonly used on smartphones.
Why? Because the reset button is in the form of a small hole on the back of the router. You will have no trouble recognizing it because there is a ‘Reset’ description that shows the function of the hidden button.
As for how to restart WiFi using these tools, just press the reset button for 10-15 seconds. You will find the indicator light turns off before finally turning on again indicating that the router is active again. Wait a moment until the indicator light flashes back to normal and make sure the router is really ready for use.
If the indicator is green, it means that you can reconnect your smartphone or another device to WiFi. However, if you find the indicator light is red, contact your internet service provider to report any interference.
For the record, how to restart WiFi using this reset button also restores the router to factory settings. For security, you should reset the WiFi name as the WiFi identity and password that is used when you want to connect to the internet.
How to change WiFi password via cellphone
After restarting WiFi via IP address or with the router button, you need to reset your internet network name and security password. Simply use a cellphone, this setting has the same steps as changing the WiFi password via cellphone.
The condition is, just make sure the device used is connected to the internet from the internet router that you want to set the password for. If you have, you can start doing the setup with the following steps:
- Open the configuration page or IP address via a browser . Some common IP addresses are 192.168.1.1, 192.168.0.1, 192.168.2.1, or 10.0.1.1 (for Apple).
- Login by entering your username and password. Enter the default username and password generally ‘admin’ for username and ‘admin’ or ‘password’ for password.
- Go to the ‘Wireless Settings’ section. The display name on each configuration page may be different. However, it can be marked with the keyword wireless, wireless settings, or wireless setup.
- Select ‘Wireless Security’. Many settings options will appear in the wireless settings section. You just need to go to the security section.
- Reset WiFi name and password. You will find a box with the description ‘Password’, ‘Shared Key’, or ‘Passphrase’ that has not been filled. Type in the new WiFi name and password as desired. To be safe, use a combination of letters, numbers, and symbols.
- Save settings. By clicking the ‘Save’ or ‘Apply’ button which is usually at the bottom of the page.
Wait a few moments until the reset process has been saved. To connect to the internet, you need to reconnect all gadgets using the newly created password.
In addition to solving errors, restarting or restarting WiFi also has other benefits. Among them are implementing setting changes, installing add-ons, to re-activating after the internet is isolated. You can choose how to restart WiFi according to your needs and convenience.